Firstly let me say thank you to S C Richmond of scrichmondblog.wordpress.com for nominating me for this. I’m sorry its taken so long to find the time to get it done.
The Liebster is an award given to small bloggers to help them gain some more views and get recognized.
The rules for the award are:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
This is the 11 questions https://scrichmondblog.wordpress.com asked me, and my answers:
Do you or would you like to play a musical instrument, what is it and what makes it special to you?
When in primary school I briefly took piano lessons, most of what I was taught is now forgotten but I’ve always admired the people who can play one. I believe I would be useless at it, and if I’m honest would never have the time to learn but I would love to try.
What is your favourite film?
I have to say, it depends on my mood, I’m going to cheat and mention two films, my first is light-hearted and some would say terrible, but I love Grease 2. The story line is rubbish and a blatant rip off of Grease 1, but I love the songs and know the film off by heart. Some of my best memories are of watching that film with my best friend. My second favorite is the notebook. I have to admit, despite watching it numerous times and knowing exactly how it will end, I still cry.
If you could have drinks tonight anywhere in the world, where and why?
I think my answer to this has to be… in Dwayne Johnson’s apartment… with him… preferably, drinking shots from his chest… because, its Dwayne Johnson!!!!!!!
Which social networking site do you use the most?
Twitter, I love the fact that I’m limited for characters and have to think about how I word things.
If you could be any animal what would you be?
A friend of mine once told me that this was a question she got asked at a job interview, I remember saying, I’d have no idea how to reply. She told me I was a lioness, a strong breadwinner who is very protective of her young. I asked her what her response was, she said a cat, because they always have the best seat in the house. I think I like her answer better.
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself.
My weight, I’ve struggled with it all my life, I’ve been off and on weight watchers more times than I can count. The most I lost was five stone, I think I’ve put most of that back on. I eventually learned to accept the way I am now, but I would still change in a heartbeat.
Do you believe in ghosts or had any unexplainable experiences?
Yes I do, I’ve seen the ghost of a cat, and I once lost time. No I didn’t lose my watch. I was young and we were watching a film on TV, we were taping it for my father. (this was pre dvd days) The tape ran out, my sister took it from the machine, and went and told my dad. He came in and watched the end of the film. Later when he went to watch the beginning of the film, it was all on the tape but we have no idea how.
Who is your favourite author?
R L Mathewson. From the first book of hers I read, I was hooked. She is creative and funny, if you have never read any of hers, I highly recommend her neighbours from hell series. It made me laugh out loud so many times I lost count. http://www.rlmathewson.com/
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I want the power to control time. I have daughter who talks constantly, the power to fast forward her sometimes would be amazing. Also, when at work, I could have so much fun if I could pause annoying customers… the things I could do to them. (insert evil laugh here)
Cats or dogs?
Such hard question and I’m afraid one I can’t answer. I have two dogs and three cats and I love them all dearly. My children are growing fast and my pets are now my substitute babies. I love walking my dogs and the unconditional love they give me. But one of my cats loves me just as much as my dogs do. She is my little pebbles, though in truth she is rather big. She’s a maine coon and the best cat in the entire world. I could never pick my dogs over her or her Over my dogs.
Do you have a phobia?
Yes, I have a fear of germs, as I’ve mentioned on my blog I work in retail. Its common knowledge in my place of work that I always carry hand sanitizer. Truthfully, some little things make me cringe. Customers with dirty hands, people with colds, and my worst… people who put money in their mouth while they pack, then hand it to you. I fear the germs I’ll get from them.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
- As my daughter would say, I’m a hamster squeezer. When I see a cute little fluffy, I want to hug it, and squeeze it, and pat it, and love it, and cuddle it, and call it George.
- I’m easily distracted by shiny things.
- I have a firm belief that my pets understand every word I say, and I understand them.
- My garden resembles something out of pet cemetery. (I promise they died of natural causes, I didn’t squeeze them to death)
- I got away with saying I was 29 for five years before anyone realised.
- I bribe my children to say I’m still 29.
- When I answered my boyfriends phone to a sales call, claiming he’d been in an accident, I cried and told them it was a car crash and he was dead.
- I now refuse to shop with my boyfriend because he walks around Tesco pretending the self scanner is a light saber, or Ghostbusters PKE meter, or Robocops gun… or anything else he can think of. He also tries to scan other customers.
- I can’t cook… there are two levels of cooked in our house, raw and burnt.
- I find it impossible to clean without turning music up extremely loud and singing and dancing along.
- In my family they laugh at each other, take the mic out of each other and find the stupidest things funny, they are crazy… which Is why I fit in perfectly.
Please let me stress all of the above is totally true.
Okay, that’s my bit done, so here are the questions I want other people to answer:
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- What is your favorite place in the whole world?
- Do you have a day job/what is it?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- What is your funniest memory?
- How would you most hate to die?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Whats your best memory?
- What would be the worst job you could possibly have?
- If you could change your name to anything in the world what would it be and why?
- If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
I now nominate: