The other day I had another bright idea. As some of you will know, these ideas don’t normally bode well for me but apparently I’m unable to learn from past experience so I powered on anyway.
It all started with my nails. I have a bit of an obsession with them looking nice and up until recently have visited nail salons. Well, just before Christmas I decided I need to tighten my belt, the money one that is. I figured I’d been watching people do my nails for so long that surely I could do them myself by now.
I can see you rolling your eyes as you read this and I’m sure anyone who has ever tried to do their own nails can guess how this pans out.
Let’s just say, it’s a lot harder than it looks.
So far, despite watching numerous “How to’s” on YouTube, (don’t you just love how you can find anything on there?) I’ve been unable to get my nails to last more than a couple of days.
Well, Tuesday I decided it was time to rip them all off and start from scratch. When I say “rip them off” what I mean is waste 4 hours attempting to soak them off in some cheap acetone solution acquired on Amazon.
I have no idea where the salons get their industrial strength stuff from but mine is definitely not as good.
After a whole evening wasted I left applying a new set until Wednesday.
So, with the hubby at work and the daughter at college I sat down to do my nails.
I had a new bottle of glue to apply the tips with, and a pin ready to puncture the top.
That’s when the problems started.
Let me just say, while my 100% acetone solution is definitely below par, the same can not be said for the glue. I discovered this when I punctured the top. Glue shot out all over my hand and stuck my finger and thumb together.
It turns out the new glue is strong. Very strong!
So I’m sat there yelping in pain every time I try to separate my fingers. Naturally this is when the house phone starts ringing, my other daughter texts, and the dog jumps on my knee..
I will never know how I avoided gluing my hand to the phone. Unfortunately the same can not be said for the dog.
Half an hour later, I finally removed that last bit of fur from my hand and separated my finger and thumb.
It looks like the dog will be getting her spring trim early this year to hide the bald patch.
I now have new nails on. Whether they will last more that two days remains to be seen. On the plus side, at least I know the glue I used is good.